Walgreen quarterly profit falls
Dec 21 (Reuters) - Walgreen Co posted a lower quarterly profit on Friday as the largest U.S. drugstore chain works on winning back shoppers after losing many of them earlier this year during a major contract dispute with Express Scripts Holding Co.
Walgreen earned $413 million, or 43 cents per share, in the fiscal first quarter, down from $554 million, or 63 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales fell 4.6 percent to $17.32 billion, with sales at stores open at least a year, or same-store sales, down 8 percent.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee