- Bridge collapses in Washington state, sending cars into river
- Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes Northern California: U.S. Geological Survey
- Large U.S. retailers sue Visa, MasterCard over card fees
- British police ponder conspiracy after soldier murder |
- Analysis: Markets face rough summer ride as Fed pullback feared
Walgreen quarterly profit falls
Dec 21 (Reuters) - Walgreen Co posted a lower quarterly profit on Friday as the largest U.S. drugstore chain works on winning back shoppers after losing many of them earlier this year during a major contract dispute with Express Scripts Holding Co.
Walgreen earned $413 million, or 43 cents per share, in the fiscal first quarter, down from $554 million, or 63 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales fell 4.6 percent to $17.32 billion, with sales at stores open at least a year, or same-store sales, down 8 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this