Egypt's cabinet denies c.bank governor resigned
CAIRO Dec 22 (Reuters) - Egypt's cabinet denied on Saturday a report by state television that the central bank governor Farouk El-Okdah had resigned, the cabinet spokesman told Reuters.
"It is not true," spokesman Alaa Hadidi said by telephone. "I am officially denying it."
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Japan stocks see biggest gain this year, lead sharp Asia rebound