S.Africa's Mandela responding to treatment in hospital -gov't
JOHANNESBURG Dec 22 (Reuters) - Former South African President Nelson Mandela, who is 94, continues to respond to treatment two weeks after being taken to hospital in Pretoria, the government said on Saturday.
Presidency spokesman Mac Maharaj said in a statement the anti-apartheid hero, who has been treated for a lung infection and gallstones after being hospitalised on Dec. 8, was visited by South African President Jacob Zuma.
- Malaysia plane search straddles continent as police focus on crew |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Stocks near one-month low as western sanctions on Russia loom |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister