Car bomb in east Damascus, fatalities reported -- activists
BEIRUT Dec 22 (Reuters) - A car bomb exploded in the eastern Damascus district of Qaboun on Saturday and initial reports said a number of people had been killed, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
The group also reported clashes between rebel fighters and forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on the edge of the southern Damascus neighbourhood of Hajar al-Aswad. The district is next to the Palestinian refugee camp of Yarmouk, which was taken over by rebels this week.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand