Time Warner Cable bids for Cablevision's Optimum West -Bloomberg
Dec 21 (Reuters) - Time Warner Cable Inc has made a bid to buy Cablevision Systems Corp's Optimum West business, Bloomberg reported, citing sources familiar with matter.
Cablevision said in November it was looking to sell its cable assets in four western U.S. states that it bought for $1.4 billion in 2010, after it received inquiries about the business.
Charter Communications and Suddenlink Communications have also made offers, the news agency said.
According to a source, a deal is not likely to be announced until January or February, Bloomberg added.
Time Warner Cable was not available immediately for a comment. Cable Vision Systems declined to comment on the news.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |