Time Warner Cable bids for Cablevision's Optimum West - Bloomberg
(Reuters) - Time Warner Cable Inc has made a bid to buy Cablevision Systems Corp's Optimum West business, Bloomberg reported, citing sources familiar with matter.
Cablevision said in November it was looking to sell its cable assets in four western U.S. states that it bought for $1.4 billion in 2010, after it received inquiries about the business.
Charter Communications and Suddenlink Communications have also made offers, the news agency said.
According to a source, a deal is not likely to be announced until January or February, Bloomberg added.
Time Warner Cable was not available immediately for a comment. Cable Vision Systems declined to comment on the news.
(Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls