Dozens killed in air strike on bakery in central Syria
BEIRUT Dec 23 (Reuters) - Dozens of people were killed and wounded in an air strike on a bakery in Syria's central Hama province, activists said, with some reporting up to 200 dead.
"We cannot get an exact figure yet because we are still confused about which are dead and which are wounded," one activist said.
The strike hit Halfaya, a town recently seized by rebels in a new push to take territory in Hama.
- Rescuers scour sea for Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source