Chevron to buy stake in Kitimat LNG project
Dec 24 (Reuters) - Chevron Corp's Canada unit will buy a 50 percent stake in the Kitimat liquefied natural gas project and the proposed Pacific Trail Pipeline (PTP) from EOG Resources Inc and Encana Corp.
Chevron Canada and a unit of Apache Corp will hold 50 percent stakes in both the Kitimat LNG project and PTP as part of the deal. Chevron Canada will operate the LNG plant.
"It (Kitmat) is ideally situated to meet rapidly growing demand for reliable, secure, and cleaner-burning fuels in Asia, which are projected to approximately double from current levels by 2025," said George Kirkland, vice chairman, Chevron Corp.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |