UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec. 24
LONDON Dec 24 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen edging up by around 2 points, or 0.03 percent higher, according to financial bookmakers. Bookmakers expect equity markets to hold on to recent strong gains, although rises will be limited by lingering worries about an impasse in U.S. budget talks.
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |