Kuwait says to hold Syria donor meeting by end Jan
MANAMA Dec 24 (Reuters) - Kuwait will hold a donor conference to gather humanitarian aid for Syria by the end of January, the emir, Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al Sabah, said on Monday.
Speaking in Bahrain at the opening session of the annual summit of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), a grouping of six oil-exporting Gulf Arab countries, Sheikh Sabah said Kuwait was acting in response to an invitation by U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes