Nikkei rises as exporters gain on weak yen
TOKYO, Dec 25 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose on Tuesday as exporters gained on a weak yen, with volume expected to stay low due to a lack of participants during the Christmas holiday. The Nikkei rose 1.6 percent to 10,097.09, while the broader Topix gained 1.4 percent to 844.18.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |