Nikkei rises 1.4 pct as exporters gain on weaker yen
TOKYO, Dec 25 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose 1.4 percent on Tuesday as exporters gained on a weaker yen, but volume was thin due to a lack of participants during the Christmas holiday. The Nikkei gained 140.06 points at 10,080.12, while the broader Topix rose 0.6 percent to 838.01.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident