- Frenetic search for survivors as 91 feared dead in tornado-hit Oklahoma |
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Dollar firms before Bernanke, inflation dip hits sterling |
- IRS officials back on Capitol Hill hot seat over targeting
Brazil cenbank calls currency swap auction
SAO PAULO |
SAO PAULO Dec 26 (Reuters) - Brazil's central bank offered to sell up to 40,000 currency swap contracts on Wednesday in an attempt to support the real.
The bank is offering contracts maturing on Feb. 1, 2013, it said in a statement.
At 10:38 a.m. (1238 GMT), the real strengthened 1.05 percent to 2.0565 per U.S. dollar.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this