Brazil cenbank calls currency swap auction
SAO PAULO Dec 26 (Reuters) - Brazil's central bank offered to sell up to 40,000 currency swap contracts on Wednesday in an attempt to support the real.
The bank is offering contracts maturing on Feb. 1, 2013, it said in a statement.
At 10:38 a.m. (1238 GMT), the real strengthened 1.05 percent to 2.0565 per U.S. dollar.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |