Egypt's Mursi to address parliament on Saturday
CAIRO Dec 26 (Reuters) - Egypt's President Mohamed Mursi will on Saturday address the upper house of parliament which now holds full legislative powers following the adoption of a new constitution, the council's speaker said.
Under the new charter, legislative powers temporarily held by Mursi have now been transferred to the Islamist-dominated upper house of parliament, until a new lower house is elected in a vote expected in about two months.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales