Seoul shares gain before ex-dividend date, end of year
SEOUL Dec 26 (Reuters) - South Korean shares gained on Wednesday with blue-chips rising across the board before the local ex-dividend date falling on Thursday.
Market heavyweight Samsung Electronics Co Ltd rose 0.5 percent, regaining ground lost since hitting a lifetime high of 1.533 million won on Dec. 13.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was up 0.75 percent at 1,996.78 points at 0006 GMT. (Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South