Seoul shares gain before ex-dividend date, end of year
SEOUL Dec 26 (Reuters) - South Korean shares gained on Wednesday with blue-chips rising across the board before the local ex-dividend date falling on Thursday.
Market heavyweight Samsung Electronics Co Ltd rose 0.5 percent, regaining ground lost since hitting a lifetime high of 1.533 million won on Dec. 13.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was up 0.75 percent at 1,996.78 points at 0006 GMT. (Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting