KT says submits preliminary bid for Maroc Telecom stake
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean telecommunications firm KT Corp (030200.KS) on December 17 submitted a letter of intent to buy a stake in Maroc Telecom (IAM.CS), a spokeswoman for KT said on Wednesday.
"It is a preliminary proposal and not legally binding," the spokeswoman said, without elaborating.
KT Corp is considering bidding for Vivendi's 53 percent stake in the Moroccan telecom operator, which the seller hopes will fetch 5.5 billion euros ($7.15 billion), two people familiar with the situation told Reuters earlier this month. (Reporting by Hyunjoo Jin; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- BOJ shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows