Adidas CEO sees 2012 sales exceed 14.5 billion euros
FRANKFURT Dec 27 (Reuters) - Adidas, the world's No. 2 sportswear group, expects sales to be "higher than 14.5 billion euros ($19.2 billion)" this year, Chief Executive Herbert Hainer told German newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung.
Adidas has so far forecast sales of about 14.5 billion euros in 2012, up from 13.3 billion in 2011. According to Thomson Reuters database Starmine, Adidas is expected to achieve 14.9 billion euros in sales this year.
Hainer also said, without elaborating, that Adidas would launch a new running shoe that would "revolutionise the market."
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Apple's iPhone sales beat Street but iPad volumes slide
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief