Adidas CEO sees 2012 sales exceed 14.5 billion euros
FRANKFURT Dec 27 (Reuters) - Adidas, the world's No. 2 sportswear group, expects sales to be "higher than 14.5 billion euros ($19.2 billion)" this year, Chief Executive Herbert Hainer told German newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung.
Adidas has so far forecast sales of about 14.5 billion euros in 2012, up from 13.3 billion in 2011. According to Thomson Reuters database Starmine, Adidas is expected to achieve 14.9 billion euros in sales this year.
Hainer also said, without elaborating, that Adidas would launch a new running shoe that would "revolutionise the market."
($1 = 0.7563 euros) (Reporting by Christoph Steitz; Editing by Richard Chang)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets