Daimler says truck sales up 14.3 pct in Jan-Nov period
FRANKFURT Dec 27 (Reuters) - Daimler on Thursday said its truck division was able to significantly increase sales to about 424,000 vehicles in the January-November period, up about 14.3 percent from last year.
The medium to long-term outlook for the commercial vehicle sector is "very promising" Daimler said, adding it expects its truck unit to grow faster than an annual 3-4 percent between now and 2020.
After only 11 months, sales for the division's six brands - Mercedes-Benz, Fuso, Freightliner, Western Star, Thomas Built Buses, and BharatBenz, have almost reached the same level as during full-year 2011, Daimler said. (Reporting by Christoph Steitz)
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |