Daimler says truck sales up 14.3 pct in Jan-Nov period
FRANKFURT Dec 27 (Reuters) - Daimler on Thursday said its truck division was able to significantly increase sales to about 424,000 vehicles in the January-November period, up about 14.3 percent from last year.
The medium to long-term outlook for the commercial vehicle sector is "very promising" Daimler said, adding it expects its truck unit to grow faster than an annual 3-4 percent between now and 2020.
After only 11 months, sales for the division's six brands - Mercedes-Benz, Fuso, Freightliner, Western Star, Thomas Built Buses, and BharatBenz, have almost reached the same level as during full-year 2011, Daimler said. (Reporting by Christoph Steitz)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions