R&B singer Brandy engaged to music executive
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - R&B singer and actress Brandy Norwood is engaged to music executive Ryan Press, a spokeswoman for the singer said on Thursday.
This will be the first marriage for the singer, who goes by the moniker Brandy. Press is an executive with music publisher Warner/Chappell Music. A date for the wedding has not been announced publicly.
Norwood, 33, has a 10-year-old daughter with her former boyfriend, music producer Robert Smith.
Norwood has starred in numerous television and films since the 1990s and is best known as the lead character in the popular television series "Moesha" from 1996-2001 on the now-defunct channel UPN.
She also scored a hit song in 1998 with "The Boy is Mine," a collaboration with the singer Monica, which garnered the pair a Grammy award. Brandy released her sixth studio album "Two Eleven" in October this year.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |