Seoul shares gain slightly on hopes for U.S. fiscal talks
SEOUL Dec 27 (Reuters) - Seoul shares edged up in thin trade on Thursday, as investor hopes for progress in U.S. fiscal talks before the year's end offset the effect of stocks going ex-dividend.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) closed up 0.26 percent at 1,987.35 points. (Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Eric Meijer)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats