Seoul shares gain slightly on hopes for U.S. fiscal talks
SEOUL Dec 27 (Reuters) - Seoul shares edged up in thin trade on Thursday, as investor hopes for progress in U.S. fiscal talks before the year's end offset the effect of stocks going ex-dividend.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) closed up 0.26 percent at 1,987.35 points. (Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Eric Meijer)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?