- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500, Nasdaq decline 1 pct
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK Dec 27 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 and Nasdaq composite indexes fell more than 1 percent on Thursday after the leader of Senate Democrats warned the United States appeared headed over the "fiscal cliff."
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 108.48 points, or 0.83 percent, at 13,006.11. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 14.08 points, or 0.99 percent, at 1,405.75, after falling more than 1 percent. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 30.32 points, or 1.01 percent, at 2,959.83.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this