US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500, Nasdaq decline 1 pct
NEW YORK Dec 27 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 and Nasdaq composite indexes fell more than 1 percent on Thursday after the leader of Senate Democrats warned the United States appeared headed over the "fiscal cliff."
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 108.48 points, or 0.83 percent, at 13,006.11. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 14.08 points, or 0.99 percent, at 1,405.75, after falling more than 1 percent. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 30.32 points, or 1.01 percent, at 2,959.83.
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Ukraine opposition rally keeps pressure on Yanukovich
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push