Russia's Lavrov says world must seek peaceful solution for Syria
MOSCOW Dec 27 (Reuters) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Thursday that the chances of forging a solution to the Syrian conflict based on a June agreement by world powers that called for a transitional government are decreasing, the Interfax news agency reported.
It is nevertheless necessary to keep seeking a peaceful solution because the alternative is "bloody chaos", Interfax quoted him as saying in an interview. "The longer it continues, the broader its scale and the worse (it will be) for everyone."
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |