U.S. House sets Sunday session as fiscal cliff deadline nears
WASHINGTON Dec 27 (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives will hold a work session on Sunday beginning at 6:30 p.m. EST (2330 GMT), a day before the Dec. 31 deadline for reaching a deal that would avert the "fiscal cliff."
A senior House Republican aide confirmed that House members were being called back to Washington. The House went on recess a week ago amid a deadlock on how to resolve ways to avoid $600 billion in potentially harmful tax increases and spending cuts.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data