German stocks - Factors to watch on December 28
FRANKFURT Dec 28 (Reuters) - The DAX top-30 index looked set to open 0.1 percent higher on Friday, according to premarket data from brokerage Lang & Schwarz at 0705 GMT.
The following are some of the factors that may move German stocks:
PORSCHE SE, VOLKSWAGEN
Porsche indicated 1.2 percent higher
Volkswagen indicated 0.3 percent higher
Porsche SE on Thursday won the dismissal of a New York lawsuit by 26 hedge funds that accused the German sports-car maker's holding company of deceptive manipulation of the market for VW shares in 2008.
Porsche spokesman Frank Gaube did not return calls seeking comment.
Indicated 0.1 percent lower
A Fraport-led consortium lost out on a privatisation tender for Portugal's airports operator ANA.
OVERSEAS STOCK MARKETS
Dow Jones -0.1 pct, S&P 500 -0.1 pct, Nasdaq -0.1 pct at Thursday's close.
Nikkei +0.7 pct at Friday's close.
EUROPEAN FACTORS TO WATCH
REUTERS TOP NEWS (Reporting by Andreas Cremer and Christoph Steitz)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea