BOJ Shirakawa: did not discuss monetary policy with finmin -Jiji
TOKYO Dec 28 (Reuters) - Bank of Japan Governor Masaaki Shirakawa said he did not discuss monetary policy in a meeting with new Finance Minister Taro Aso on Friday, Jiji news agency reported.
Separately, Aso told a news conference that he had received a courtesy visit from the central bank chief and that the two had agreed to work closely as instructed by new Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.
Abe is putting pressure on the BOJ to aggressively ease monetary policy to help revive the world's third-largest economy.
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |