RPT-BOJ Shirakawa: did not discuss monetary policy with finmin -Jiji
TOKYO Dec 28 (Reuters) - Bank of Japan Governor Masaaki Shirakawa said he did not discuss monetary policy in a meeting with new Finance Minister Taro Aso on Friday, Jiji news agency reported.
Separately, Aso told a news conference that he had received a courtesy visit from the central bank chief and that the two had agreed to work closely as instructed by new Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.
Abe is putting pressure on the BOJ to aggressively ease monetary policy to help revive the world's third-largest economy.
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role |
- Israel says ready to extend short Gaza truce; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds