Euro extends falls, hits session low versus dollar
LONDON Dec 28 (Reuters) - The euro fell to a session low against the dollar on Friday on year-end dollar buying from investors adjusting their portfolios and as traders took profit on the common currency's recent gains.
The euro fell 0.5 percent to $1.3166 on EBS trading platform, with traders saying it dropped below reported stop loss sell orders around $1.3170 in thin trading.
More losses would see it target the Dec. 21 low of $1.31585.
The euro's gains helped the dollar index hit a fresh two-week high of 79.93.
- U.S.' Kerry voices 'regret' to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |