Seoul shares flat as investors await U.S. session
SEOUL Dec 28 (Reuters) - Seoul shares were rangebound in early morning trade on Friday as investors waited to see if U.S. lawmakers could find a last-minute solution to avoid deep and automatic spending cuts and tax hikes in the new year.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was up 0.1 percent at 1,988.77 points at 0007 GMT. (Reporting by Hyunjoo Jin)
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped