PRESS DIGEST - China - Dec 28
Dec 28 (Reuters) - Chinese newspapers available in Beijing and Shanghai carried the following stories on Friday. Reuters has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
SHANGHAI SECURITIES NEWS
-- Total assets in China's banking financial institutions hit 127.1 trillion yuan by the end of November, up 17.7 percent from the previous month.
-- China's State Administration of Taxation set its target for 2013 revenue growth at 8 percent.
-- China's government will promote consumption of energy-saving products by granting 13 percent subsidies for purchases of environmentally friendly products.
CHINA DAILY (www.chinadaily.com.cn)
-- China's home-grown Beidou satellite navigation system, designed to compete with the U.S. Global Positioning System (GPS), began providing services to civilians in the Asia-Pacific region on Thursday.
CHINA BUSINESS NEWS
-- Zhang Yunfeng, general manager of Shanghai Equity Exchange, said the exchange plans to issue private placement bonds next year.
-- China's ocean watchdog said it would allocate 30 million yuan ($4.81 million) in 2013 to enhance cooperation with developing economies in the South China Sea.
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Genre-bending, 'unexpected' films top Sundance 2014 lineup
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'