Russia urges Syrian govt to pursue dialogue with opponents
MOSCOW Dec 28 (Reuters) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov urged the Syrian government on Friday to act on its stated readiness for dialogue with opponents, amid a diplomatic push to end a 21-month-old conflict in Syria.
"We actively encouraged... the Syrian leadership to make as concrete as possible its declared readiness for dialogue with the opposition," Lavrov told reporters after talks with his Egyptian counterpart Mohamed Kamel Amr in Moscow.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'