U.S. judge OKs Toyota's $1.1 bln acceleration settlement
SAN FRANCISCO Dec 28 (Reuters) - A U.S. judge granted preliminary approval on Friday to Toyota Motor Corp's $1.1 billion settlement of a class-action lawsuit brought by consumers who lost value on their cars due to sudden, unintended acceleration.
The order on Friday came from U.S. District Judge James Selna in Santa Ana, California.
- Search resumes for hundreds missing in South Korean ferry disaster |
- Separatists take armored vehicles, humiliating Ukraine forces |
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- BofA reports first quarterly loss since 2011 on lofty legal bill
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |