ZTE to sell off stake in unit worth 1.3 billion yuan
HONG KONG (Reuters) - ZTE Corp, China's second largest telecom equipment maker, plans to sell an 81 percent stake in its unit Shenzhen ZNV Technology for 1.3 billion yuan ($206 million), it said on Friday.
The stake sale will result in a net gain of 880 million yuan for the loss-making company, it said in a statement on the Hong Kong stock exchange.
ZTE logged its biggest quarterly loss in the third quarter, with analysts saying that it would need to sell off stakes in its units to help it turn profitable for the full year.
(Reporting by Lee Chyen Yee and Alison Leung)
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official