Boehner: Senate must act on House bill to avoid fiscal cliff
WASHINGTON Dec 28 (Reuters) - House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner said on Friday that congressional leaders agreed at a meeting on avoiding year-end "fiscal cliff" spending cuts and tax increases that the next step should be for the Senate to take action, a Boehner aide said.
"The Speaker told the President that if the Senate amends the House-passed legislation and sends back a plan, the House will consider it - either by accepting or amending," the aide said.
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset