Russia: still chance for negotiated solution to Syria conflict
MOSCOW Dec 29 (Reuters) - The situation in Syria is worsening but a negotiated solution to the 21-month-old conflict that has killed over 44,000 people remains possible, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Saturday.
He spoke after talks in Moscow with U.N.-Arab League mediator Lakhdar Brahimi but appeared to offer no major new ideas for ending the conflict, in which rebels are trying to oust President Bashar al-Assad, a close ally of Moscow.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections