Russia: Syrian opposition's stance on Assad "a dead end"
MOSCOW Dec 29 (Reuters) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Saturday that the Syrian opposition coalition's refusal to talk to President Bashar al-Assad's government amounts to a "dead end".
"We are sure this is a dead-end position which only will lead to degradation of the situation," said Lavrov, who also repeated Russia's position that Assad's exit must not be a precondition for a political process.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port