Russia: Syrian opposition's stance on Assad "a dead end"
MOSCOW Dec 29 (Reuters) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Saturday that the Syrian opposition coalition's refusal to talk to President Bashar al-Assad's government amounts to a "dead end".
"We are sure this is a dead-end position which only will lead to degradation of the situation," said Lavrov, who also repeated Russia's position that Assad's exit must not be a precondition for a political process.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South