- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Sixth night of violence in Sweden, but police say capital calmer |
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
Six held over rape of woman in India charged with murder: police
NEW DELHI |
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Six suspects held in connection with the rape of a women in India have been charged with murder after she died on Saturday of injuries sustained in the attack, police said.
"They have been charged (with murder)," said Rajan Bhagat, a spokesman for New Delhi police.
The woman, who was gang-raped on a New Delhi bus on December 16, died in hospital in Singapore. The attack has sparked protests and a national debate about violence against women. All six suspects in the rape have been arrested and are in custody.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Robert Birsel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this