Woman dies in car crash near Kennedy airport
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A woman was killed and three other people were injured when a car sped off the road not far from New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport early on Sunday, police said.
The driver, who sustained minor injuries, was in police custody but no charges have been announced, said a spokeswoman for the New York Police Department.
Police were called at about 4:30 a.m. with reports of a car in the water, and concluded that the driver had lost control of the vehicle.
A female passenger, 25-year-old Dominique Jamison, was pronounced dead at Jamaica Hospital. Two other passengers and the driver were hospitalized with minor injuries and two passengers left the scene on their own, police said.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |