CANADA STOCKS-TSX slips as fiscal cliff looms
TORONTO, Dec 31 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index fell at the open on Monday as U.S. lawmakers pushed for a last minute deal to avoid the "fiscal cliff". The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was down 26.46 points, or 0.21 percent, at 12,289.66 shortly after the open.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media