Euro falls versus dollar to near session lows
NEW YORK Dec 31 (Reuters) - The euro fell against the dollar to hit near session lows on Monday as Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said differences remained between the Democrats and Republicans in negotiations to avert the U.S. "fiscal cliff."
The euro fell as low as $1.3179, not far from a session low of $1.3170. It was last down 0.2 percent at $1.3191.
- Separatists take armored vehicles, humiliating Ukraine forces |
- Hundreds still missing in deadly Korea ferry sinking |
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- BofA reports first quarterly loss since 2011 on lofty legal bill
- Wall Street gains on Yellen comments and Yahoo; BofA falls