Euro falls versus dollar to near session lows
NEW YORK Dec 31 (Reuters) - The euro fell against the dollar to hit near session lows on Monday as Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said differences remained between the Democrats and Republicans in negotiations to avert the U.S. "fiscal cliff."
The euro fell as low as $1.3179, not far from a session low of $1.3170. It was last down 0.2 percent at $1.3191.
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media