Euro falls versus dollar to near session lows
NEW YORK Dec 31 (Reuters) - The euro fell against the dollar to hit near session lows on Monday as Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said differences remained between the Democrats and Republicans in negotiations to avert the U.S. "fiscal cliff."
The euro fell as low as $1.3179, not far from a session low of $1.3170. It was last down 0.2 percent at $1.3191.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea |
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.