Dollar extends gains vs yen, hits more than two-year high
NEW YORK Dec 31 (Reuters) - The dollar extended gains versus the yen to hit its strongest level since early August 2010 in midday New York trade on Monday.
The dollar rose as high as 86.66 yen on Reuters data and was last at 86.53, up 0.6 percent on the day.
The yen has come under heavy selling pressure in recent weeks on expectations that Japan's new government will push for aggressive monetary easing.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data