House expects to reconvene at noon Tuesday - Representative LaTourette
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives expects to reconvene on Tuesday at noon, Representative Steven LaTourette said, after negotiations to avert the "fiscal cliff" developed slowly on Monday.
LaTourette, a Republican, also said that House members have been told to stay close on Monday evening and that they may be called back to continue negotiations.
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |