House expects to reconvene at noon Tuesday - Representative LaTourette
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives expects to reconvene on Tuesday at noon, Representative Steven LaTourette said, after negotiations to avert the "fiscal cliff" developed slowly on Monday.
LaTourette, a Republican, also said that House members have been told to stay close on Monday evening and that they may be called back to continue negotiations.
(Reporting by Rachelle Younglai; Editing by Will Dunham)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video