Republican Senator Kyl cites progress in fiscal cliff talks
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Senator Jon Kyl on Monday said a "lot of progress" has been made in talks to avert the "fiscal cliff" but he cautioned that it is unclear if the progress will spur legislation the Senate can vote on before a midnight EST/0500 GMT deadline when taxes and spending cuts kick-in.
"There is no agreement yet," Kyl said. "Conversations are still ongoing. There has been a lot of progress."
Asked how long talks could go on, Kyl said: 'I guess until 11:59."
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data