Senate adjourns as "fiscal cliff" talks continue
(Reuters) - The Senate adjourned for the day on Sunday as Republicans and Democrats remained at odds over a deal to prevent taxes for all Americans from rising on New Year's Day.
Senator Richard Durbin said the Senate would reconvene at 1100 EST/1600 GMT on Monday. (Editing by Christopher Wilson)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video