- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
A huge tornado tears through the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore, killing dozens. Slideshow
2012 most expensive year for motorists: AAA
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The average gasoline price in 2012 was a record-high $3.60 a gallon, topping the previous high of $3.51 in 2011, travel group AAA said on Monday.
AAA blamed refinery outages, major hurricanes and unrest in the Middle East for the rise.
Drivers in states like Hawaii, Alaska, California and New York paid the highest prices.
However, the price fell to $3.30 a gallon in December, the lowest monthly average for the year, AAA said.
(Reporting by Selam Gebrekidan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this