2012 most expensive year for motorists: AAA
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The average gasoline price in 2012 was a record-high $3.60 a gallon, topping the previous high of $3.51 in 2011, travel group AAA said on Monday.
AAA blamed refinery outages, major hurricanes and unrest in the Middle East for the rise.
Drivers in states like Hawaii, Alaska, California and New York paid the highest prices.
However, the price fell to $3.30 a gallon in December, the lowest monthly average for the year, AAA said.
(Reporting by Selam Gebrekidan)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement