2012 most expensive year for motorists: AAA
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The average gasoline price in 2012 was a record-high $3.60 a gallon, topping the previous high of $3.51 in 2011, travel group AAA said on Monday.
AAA blamed refinery outages, major hurricanes and unrest in the Middle East for the rise.
Drivers in states like Hawaii, Alaska, California and New York paid the highest prices.
However, the price fell to $3.30 a gallon in December, the lowest monthly average for the year, AAA said.
(Reporting by Selam Gebrekidan)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee