US House expects to reconvene at noon Tuesday -Rep. LaTourette
WASHINGTON Dec 31 (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives expects to reconvene on Tuesday at noon (1700 GMT), Representative Steven LaTourette said, after negotiations to avert the "fiscal cliff" developed slowly on Monday.
LaTourette, a Republican, also said that House members have been told to stay close on Monday evening and that they may be called back to continue negotiations.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea