US House expects to reconvene at noon Tuesday -Rep. LaTourette
WASHINGTON Dec 31 (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives expects to reconvene on Tuesday at noon (1700 GMT), Representative Steven LaTourette said, after negotiations to avert the "fiscal cliff" developed slowly on Monday.
LaTourette, a Republican, also said that House members have been told to stay close on Monday evening and that they may be called back to continue negotiations.
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’