US House expects to reconvene at noon Tuesday -Rep. LaTourette
WASHINGTON Dec 31 (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives expects to reconvene on Tuesday at noon (1700 GMT), Representative Steven LaTourette said, after negotiations to avert the "fiscal cliff" developed slowly on Monday.
LaTourette, a Republican, also said that House members have been told to stay close on Monday evening and that they may be called back to continue negotiations.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |