Obama says fiscal cliff deal in sight, not done yet
WASHINGTON Dec 31 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Monday said it appeared a deal on the "fiscal cliff" was within sight but it was not complete yet.
"Today it appears that an agreement to prevent this New Year's tax hike is within sight, but it is not done," Obama said at the White House. "There are still issues left to resolve, but we're hopeful that Congress can get it done, but it's not done."
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead