Obama says fiscal cliff deal in sight, not done yet
WASHINGTON Dec 31 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Monday said it appeared a deal on the "fiscal cliff" was within sight but it was not complete yet.
"Today it appears that an agreement to prevent this New Year's tax hike is within sight, but it is not done," Obama said at the White House. "There are still issues left to resolve, but we're hopeful that Congress can get it done, but it's not done."
- U.S. pledges 3,000 troops to fight Ebola; experts say more needed
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Ahead of independence vote, Britain pledges state funding to Scotland |
- Stocks turn higher ahead of Fed meeting, oil up