Monday night vote on US 'cliff' deal very likely -Sen. Corker
WASHINGTON Dec 31 (Reuters) - Republican Senator Bob Corker said it is "highly likely" that the U.S. Senate will vote Monday night on a bill to avoid the brunt of the "fiscal cliff."
Republican Senator Jon Kyl also said the chamber is still hopeful that negotiations will advance to the point that a vote is possible later on Monday.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Russia media say Crimea votes 93 percent to quit Ukraine |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat