Minister Fantino Condemns Cowardly Violence Against Development Professionals and Women in Pakistan
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
Marketwire Canadian International Development Agency - CIDA January 1, 2013 - 04:12:50 PM Minister Fantino Condemns Cowardly Violence Against Development Professionals and Women in Pakistan OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Jan. 1, 2013) - The Honourable Julian Fantino, Minister of International Cooperation, condemns the cowardly and senseless acts of violence against women and development workers in Pakistan (http://www.acdi-cida.gc.ca/acdi-cida/ACDI-CIDA.nsf/eng/JUD-12916929-STL) who are working towards a better life for their people. "The work of development professionals and teachers is crucial to ensuring that the people of Pakistan acquire the knowledge and skills they need to help build a stable and prosperous society. These acts of violence are reprehensible and I urge Pakistani authorities to seek out those responsible and bring them to justice." "Canada continues to stand with those who reject violent extremism and are committed to improving the quality of life for their fellow citizens." "I extend my thoughts and prayers to the families of those killed," said Minister Fantino. Julian Fantino Minister of International Cooperation Follow us on Twitter: @CIDA_CA FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT: Daniel Bezalel Richardsen Press Secretary to the Minister of International Cooperation 819-953-6238 email@example.com Media Relations Office Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) 819-953-6534 firstname.lastname@example.org
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image